Destination Management Company
Adventure Alternative Nepal does not only create packages for individual travellers, it is also a Destination Management Company for travel agencies willing to collaborate with us.
In this sense, we offer our assistance and services to set up packages for foreign companies that are seeking to become affiliate with Adventure Alternative Nepal as ground agent.
Agencies offering our services as a DMC will benefit from our acquired BS8848. Moreover, our company is actively acting as a responsible agency and provides an added value in nowadays travel trends.
Our ethos is dear to our hearts, that is why as much as possible we wish to partner with companies that feel concerned by our ideology. As well we would be happy to help other interested companies abide by our philosophy.
Pasang, director of Adventure Alternative Nepal, has worked as a high altitude guide for 16 years (with four Everest ascents) and also has experience climbing abroad (Alaska and Argentina) with groups from Europe and the USA. He was on the committee of Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal and we are a recommended tour operator with TAAN. One of our guides is currently in training for the International Guide Award.
Adventure Alternative Nepal has been active for ten years and we employ around 25 porters, cooks and assistant guides based in our home villages of Bumburi and Bupsa in the solu Khumbu. We have received support from the UK, especially in the area of training and safety. We follow the British Quality Standard 8848 for safely organised expeditions and treks and we can share with you our risk assessments and paperwork.
As our treks and climbs are in the high Himalaya we also follow the correct rules for acclimatisation and safety at altitude. We have never experienced an accident during our company lifetime and we are very careful with all clients. We are also very clear about what to do in an accident and we have correct first aid qualifications.
Some of our company values and benefits include:
- All our staff have employment contracts and we use the same team on all of our treks and climbs, and the main staff speak good English
- We are properly registered in Nepal and we provide staff insurance during our trips
- We are involved with many community projects through our sister NGO called Moving Mountains Nepal
- We provide very good equipment for our staff and we do not overload our porters, they carry a maximum of 18kgs
- We promote sustainable tourism by educating our staff and also clients on environmental impact in the Himalayas, protection of our Sherpa culture and responsibility to livelihood of the local people through tourism
- We are an honest company with transparent business, and we provide clear invoices and receipts
- We provide a competitive rate for our services, but we want to compete on quality not just the cheapest price
- We have a very nice guesthouse with a big garden and a large store of climbing and trekking equipment
We are working together with Adventure Alternative. Visit their website for further information.