Everest Base Camp Challenge
The Everest Base Camp Challenge is a trip for students volunteer groups in collaboration with our sister charity, Moving Mountains Trust. In this challenge, the students will hike through the Himalayas following the famous Everest Base Camp trail.
The Everest Base Camp Challenge is designed to push students physically and mentally, but anyone with motivation can do it! Over twelve days, students will slowly trek through vast snowy peaks to the base camp and reach Mt. Kalapathar summit at 5,550m before returning through a series of scenic villages and teahouses. On their way back to Kathmandu, the volunteers will spend four days in the villages of Bupsa and Bumburi to work on one of the Moving Mountains Trust's project.
Students on the Everest Base Camp Challenge will also contribute to the long term development goals of Moving Mountains Trust. As part of a sustainable tourism initiative, the Nepalese villages run a series of homestays that students will be staying in on the descent.
Before coming to Nepal, we ask the participants to raise the amount of USD 850.00 that will help Moving Mountains Trust to support their projects in the villages of Bupsa and Bumburi.
The mininum number of participants has to be at least 5 pax .There is no restriction in maxmimum number .
24 Days - Summary
- Days 21 & 22: Walk to Salleri
- Day 23: Jeep journey back to Kathmandu
- Day 24: Flight home
- Days 1 & 2 : Arrival and preparation in Kathmandu
- Days 3 - 12 : Fly to Lukla then trek up to Everest Base Camp
- Days 13 - 17: Trek back from Everest Base Camp to the Moving Mountains villages
- Days 18 – 20: Volunteering on Moving Mountains projects
Custom dates, please contact us
- $850 fundraising amount to our charity, Moving Mountains Trust
- Meals and drinks in Kathmandu
- Personal costs like drinks, laundry, hot showers, bottled water during the trek
- Trip insurance
- Additional Porters if packs are overweight. ($15 per extra kg)
- Airport departure tax for some tickets (~$25 paid in Nepali rupees)
- Sightseeing Tours
- We also recommend offering a tip at the end of your trip to your guide and porters, as tips are not included in the price.
- Airport transfers
- Internal flight to Lukla
- Accommodation in Kathmandu for 3 nights (shared room)
- Accommodation in lodges/tea houses (shared room)
- Three meals per day during the trek and hot drinks (tea, coffee, juice)
- Sagarmatha National Park Fees
- Sherpa guide (English speaking and first aid trained)
- Porters (max weight carried for you is 15kg)