Rural Villages of Nepal
This trek comes across various villages, overlooks valleys and rivers, and takes a glimpse at curious yaks, working farmers or playing kids. After few days of trekking, you will finally reach the core of this journey: the rural villages of the Lower Khumbu Region. Once you walk through the place, hearty villagers will welcome you and show you around their hometown. You will get the unique chance to discover and better understand the Moving Mountains projects offering the opportunity to experience conscious tourism: it gives an amazing lifetime experience, while sustaining communities in need.
Please note that the required number of participants is at a minumum of 5 and a maximum of 20 participants. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that you have to be a group of 5 to book the trip.
12 Days - Summary
- Day 1 & 2: Arrival in Kathmandu and rest day and trek briefing.
- Day 3: Kathmandu – Lukla (flight) and trek to Puiyan
- Day 4: Puiyan – Bupsa.
- Day 5 to 7: three days in and around the villages of Bupsa (2300m), Bumburi (2244m) and Khari Khola (2220m).
- Day 8: Bupsa – Nuntala.
- Day 9: Nuntala – Ringmu
- Day 10: Ringmu – Phaplu
- Day 11: Phaplu – Kathmandu (flight)
- Day 12: Transfer to Kathmandu airport and departure.
Price and Dates
- International flights to and from Kathmandu
- Meals and drinks in Kathmandu
- Personal costs like drinks, laundry, hot showers, bottled water
- Trip Insurance
- Airport departure tax for some tickets (~$25 paid in Nepalese rupees)
- Sightseeing Tours
- We also recommend offering a tip at the end of your trip to your guide and porters, as tips are not included in the package price. During your trek briefing, you will be wisely advised on this matter and on the average amount to offer.
- Airport transfers
- Transportation to Jiri by jeep and from Lukla by plane
- Accommodation in Kathmandu for 3 nights - twin/double rooms
- Accommodation in lodges/tea houses (twin rooms with beds and mattresses)
- Three meals per day during the trek, and hot drinks (e.g tea, coffee, juices)
- National Park Fees
- Sherpa guide (English speaking, trained in first aid)
- Porters (one per member, carries about 15kgs)