Annapurna Sanctuary Trek
The Annapurna Sanctuary trek is perfect if you're time restricted but want to journey through an exceptional amphitheatre of rock and ice on a glorious scale. Immerse yourself in the extraordinary and hike with the snow-capped peaks of the Himalaya in background. We also spend nights at both Machhapuchare Base Camp and Annapurna Base Camp which gives ample time and opportunity to really absorb the spectacular surroundings.
The sanctuary will lead you through a hidden pocket of lowland villages, meadow and rice terraces to a gorge of rhododendron forests and icy rivers that will end in glaciers and gigantic peaks.
The Annapurna Sanctuary trek gives us 11 days of superb trekking, up into the heart of the Annapurna range. We pass below some of the highest mountains on earth as we follow the valley as it changes to a deep gorge and on to its its glaciated beginnings at the foot of the towering Annapurna. We take enough time to acclimitise well and to make the most of the superb setting to our trek, this includes making time to visit the hot springs at Jinnu, a real luxury on the trail.
The facilities for visitors are of a high standard, as is the food. We generally offer tea house treks with overnight accommodation in comfortable lodges, but if you prefer we can also provide tented camps so you can concentrate on immersing yourself in a slow and easy daily routine, with only the elements, the mountains and the quiet character of the people to accompany you.
For more information and booking please visit Adventure Alternative - Annapurna Sanctuary Trek.
Please note that the required number of participants is at a minumum of 2 and a maximum of 12 participants. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that you have to be a group of 2 to book the trip.
15 days - Summary
Day 8: Himalaya Hotel- Machhapulchare BC (3700m)
Day 9: Machhapulchare BC- Annapurna BC (4130m)
Day 10: Annapurna BC- Bamboo (2310m)
Day 11: Bamboo- Jinnu Hot Springs (1780m)
Day 12: JInnu - Dhampus (1650m)
Day 13: Dhampus - Phedi - drive to Pokhara
Day 14: Fly Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 15: Kathmandu
Day 1: Arrive Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu, rest sightseeing, briefing
Day 3: Fly Kathmandu-Pokhara, Drive Pokhara-Naya Pul, Trek to Ulleri (1960m)
Day 4: Ulleri- Ghorepani (2750m)
Day 5: Ghorepani- Poon Hill (3200m)- Tadapani(2869m)
Day 6: Tadapani- Chomrong(2100m)
Day 7: Chomrong- Himalaya Hotel (2920m)
For a more detailed itinerary please click here.
$ 1,672 or £ 1,195
24 March - 07 April 2018
21 April - 25 May 2018
15 - 29 September 2018
27 October - 10 November 2018
16 - 30 September 2017
28 - 11 November 2017
- International flight to & from Kathmandu
- Meals & drinks in Kathmandu
- Personal costs like drinks, laundry, hot showers, bottled water
- Trip insurance
- Visa ($30 paid on arrival)
- Sightseeing Tours
- We also recommend offering a tip at the end of your trip to your guide and porters, as tips are not included in the package price.
- Airport transfers
- Internal flights to & from Pokhara
- Accommodation in Kathmandu for 3 nights (twin/double rooms)
- Accommodation in lodges/tea houses (twin rooms with beds & mattresses)
- Accomodation in Pokhara for one night
- Three meals/day during the trek, & hot drinks (e.g. tea, coffee, juices)
- Annapurna Sanctuary Trek Area Permit Fees
- Sherpa guides (English speaking, trained in first aid)
- Staff food, insurance and equipment