If you are looking for a discovery of ancient monasteries, caves in remote areas and amazing landscapes, this trek is yours! Since 1992, the Mustang’s forbidden Kingdom and ancient Wall City is open to trekkers. The Tiji Festival is very pleasant because of its remoteness and peacefulness. Here, the inhabitants still believe that the soul of a man is as real as oneself. Despite the hardness of the almost treeless landscapes, with a countryside alike Tibetan plateau, beauty and happiness flourishes within the inhabitants and villages.
The Tiji annual Festival lasts three days, and focus on the Tiji myth: the story of the deity Dorje jono who battled against his demon’s father to save the Mustang’s Kingdom from its doom. His father wreaks havoc on Mustang through water shortage. In this arid land, water was the most precious treasure one may have. Dorje Jono defeated the beast and banished him from the Mustang.
For more information please contact us.
Please note that the required number of participants is at a minumum of 2 and a maximum of 12 participants. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that you have to be a group of 2 to book the trip.
Day 12 – 3460 m (6 hours walking) Lo Manthang – Ghami
Day 13 – 3290 m (5 hours walking) Ghami – Samar
Day 14 – 2920 m (3-4 hours walking) Samar – Chhuksang
Day 15 – 2710 m (6-7 hours walking) Chhuksang – Jomsom
Day 16 – 870m Fly to Pokhara in the morning and drive to Kathmandu in the afternoon.
Day 17 - Airport transfer or free day in KTM
17 Days - summary
Day 1-2 – 1400m Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel or our guesthouse. Rest day, possibility for sightseeing tour, briefing on the trek.
Day 3 – 870 m Tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
Day 4 – 2780 m (3-4 hours walking) Jomsom – Kagbeni
Day 5 – 3050 m (5-6 hours walking) Kagbeni – Chaile.
Day 6 – 3440 m (6-7 hours walking) Chaile – Geling
Day 7 – 3490 m (4-5 hours walking) Geling – Charang
Day 8 – 3730 m (5-6 hours walking) Charang – Lo Manthang
Day 9-11 – 3730 m Tiji festival day 1-3
- 2'100.00 $
- If you are a group 4 or more: 1'950.00 $
- 03 April - 20 May 2018
- International flight to and from Kathmandu
- Meals and drinks while in Kathmandu & Pokhara
- Personal costs like drinks, laundry, hot showers, bottled water
- Trip Insurance
- Visa fees ($30 for 15 days)
- Sightseeing tours
- Airport transfers by private car/van.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara (twin/double and sharing bedrooms, with B&B)
- Internal flights to and from Jomsom
- Tourist bus to and from Pokhara
- Three meals per day with hot drinks (e.g. tea, coffee) during the trek
- Accommodation during the trek (camping/tented or lodges)
- An experienced Nepalese guide (English speaker)
- Porters (one per person, carrying max. 15kgs)
- Camping equipment (Tent, mattress, dining & kitchen tent, etc.)
- Upper Mustang Restricted Area Permit ($ 500) and Annapurna Permit
- First Aid Medical Kit box
- Tourist service charge, office Service charge, & all Government Tax