Everest Gokyo Lakes Trek
This is one of the more adventurous treks in the Everest Himalayas, following the high route pass of Cho La (5330m) into the Base Camp of Mount Everest. This ascent follows the Dudh Koshi and Khumbu valleys from the homeland of the Sherpa people to the Gokyo valley, which provides breath-taking views of four 8,000m peaks; Everest, Cho Oyu, Makalu and the largest glacier in Nepal, the Ngozumpa glacier. We visit the turquoise Gokyo lakes before following the footsteps of the yeti over the high route pass of Cho La (5330m) into the Base Camp of Mount Everest.
Following the Dudh Koshi river valley brings you towards the bustling market town of Namche Bazaar which has a great atmosphere, perfect for soaking up the magnificent mountain scenery. Awe-inspiring views of some of the biggest mountains in the world provide a dramatic backdrop as you venture further into the Khumbu valley. After trekking to Gokyo, the return follows the route through Everest Base Camp, an ascent of Kalar Pattar for close-up views of Everest, down to the stunning Tengboche Monastery, Khumjung village, Namche Bazaar and finally back to Lukla.
Kathmandu is at an approximate altitude of 1400m and the flight to Lukla will take you up to a height of 2866m. With Gokyo Ri standing at 5483m, Everest Base Camp standing at 5360m and Kala Patthar at 5545m, the Gokyo Lakes trek gains a total of 2679 metres from Lukla and 4145 metres from Kathmandu.
For more information and booking please visit Adventure Alternative - Gokyo Lakes Trek.
Please note that the required number of participants is at a minumum of 2 and a maximum of 12 participants. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that you have to be a group of 2 to book the trip.
20 Days - Summary
Day 12: ZongLa - Labouche
Day 13: Labouche - Gorak Shep
Day 14: Gorak Shep - Everest Base Camp
Day 15: Everest Base Camp - Lobuje
Day 16 to 18: Over three days a descent via Namche Bazaar all the way to Lukla
Day 19: Lukla flight to Kathmandu
Day 20: Depart Kathmandu
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2: Rest day and jetlag recovery
Day 3: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. Trek to Phakding or Jorsale
Day 4 & 5: Namche Bazaar
Day 6: Namche Bazaar - Dole
Day 7 – 9: Macherma - Gokyo Lakes and climbs of Gokyo Ri
Day 10: Gokyo Lakes - Thangna
Day 11: Thangna -ZongLa
For a more detailed itinerary of this trip please click here.
$ 2,057 or £1,595
- 25 April - 14 May 2019
- 17 October - 05 November 2019
01- 20 November 2018
- International flight to Kathmandu (~$925)
- Meals and drinks in Kathmandu (~$60)
- Personal costs like drinks, laundry, hot showers, bottled water
- Trip Insurance
- Sightseeing Tours
- We do recommend offering a tip at the end of your trip to your guide and porters, as tips are not included in the package price.
- Airport transfers
- Internal flights to and from Lukla
- Accommodation in Kathmandu for 3 nights - twin/double rooms
- Accommodation in lodges/tea houses (twin rooms with beds and mattresses)
- Three meals per day during the trek, and hot drinks (e.g tea, coffee, juices)
- Sagamartha National Park Fees
- Sherpa guides (English speaking, trained in first aid)
- Porters (1 per member, carries about 15kgs)
- Staff food, insurance and equipment