Island Peak Climb
Also known as Imja Tse, Island Peak is a spectacular peak amid the giants of the Himalaya. Tucked away up the Chukkung valley this beautiful mountain does indeed look like an island which is dwarfed on both sides by the stupendous Lhotse Nuptse South Wall to the north and Baruntse to the south. The views from the top of this mountain are truly wonderful, and all the more memorable for a spectacular summit ridge to the top. From there the Himalayas is spread like a great carpet of mountains in front of you.
If you have dreamed of climbing a 6000 metre Himalayan summit then this famous mountain may answer your wishes. It was actually a training peak used by Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing in 1953 and the route they discovered is the same one that is used today. In fact Island Peak is still a popular training peak for clients on Mount Everest.
For more information or to book this trip please visit Adventure Alternative - Island Peak Climb.
Please note that the required number of participants is at a minumum of 2 and a maximum of 12 participants. Nevertheless, it doesn't mean that you have to be a group of 2 to book the trip.
21 Days - Summary
Day 1: Arrival and preparation in Kathmandu
Day 2: Rest in Kathmandy
Day 3 -11: Fly to mountain airstrip at Lukla and trek up to Everest Base Camp
Days 12 - 14: Trek from Everest BC to Island Peak Base Camp
Days 15-16: Summit days for Island Peak
Days 17-19: Trek back down to mountain airstrip at Lukla
Day 20: Fly back to Kathmandu, rest.
Day 21: Depart Kathmandu
For a more detailed itinerary of this trip click here.
$ 3,105 or £ 2,395
- 28 April - 19 May 2018
- 05 - 26 May 2018
- 20 October - 14 November 2018
- 14 October - 03 November 2017
- 04 - 24 November 2017
- International flight to Kathmandu
- Meals and drinks in Kathmandu
- Personal costs like drinks, laundry, hot showers, bottled water (~£100)
- Trip Insurance
- Visa ($30 for two weeks)
- Tips (~£50)
- Sightseeing tours in Kathmandu
- Personal climbing equipment and clothing
- Airport transfers
- Internal flight to Lukla
- Accommodation in Kathmandu for 3 nights - twin/double rooms
- Accommodation in lodges/tea houses during walk in(twin rooms with beds and mattresses)
- Three meals per day during the walk in, and hot drinks (e.g tea, coffee, juices)
- Sagamartha National Park Fees
- Sherpa guides (English speaking, trained in first aid)
- Porters (1 per member, carries about 15kgs)
- Staff food, insurance and equipment
- Group climbing gear, eg. ropes, ice screws
- Permit for climbing Island Peak