Mount Kailash Tour
In the far west of the Tibetan plateau lies the holy mountain – Mount Kailash at 6638 m. Mount Kailash is believed to be the most sacred mountain in the world.
The whole region and its surroundings is of religious significance and includes two high-altitude lakes. During our tour, you will be able to swim in one of then, take a stroll around and enjoy the turquoise-blue clear and fresh water. We will have a rest day at the Mansarovar lake. Both the lake and Mount Kailash have religious significance for Hindus and Biddhists.
Our Mount Kailash Tour will take us around the holy mountain, a 53 km circuit, which takes around three days. To reach the mountain circuit, we will pass by the unique beauty of the Tibetan desert and see some of the highest mountains on this planet.
The Mount Kailash Tour will provide a spiritual enrichening of your mind and memories you will always like to think back to – a tour you will think back to forever!
Required number of participants: minimum 5, no maximum.
13 Days - Summary
- Day 8: Darchen – Tarboche – Dirapuk
- Day 9: Dirapuk - Zuthulphuk
- Day 10: Zuthulphuk – New Dongba
- Day 11: New Dongba – Nyalam
- Day 12: Nyalam – Kathmandu
- Day 13: Transfer to air Kathmandu international airport
- Day 1: Airport transfer to guesthouse or hotel in Kathmandu
- Day 2: Kathmandu - Kodari
- Day 3: Kodari - Nyalam
- Day 4: Nyalam - Dongba
- Day 5: Dongba - Mansarovar Lake
- Day 6: Mansarovar Lake
- Day 7: Mansarovar Lake - Darchen
- International flight to & from Kathmandu
- Meals & drinks while in Kathmandu and personal costs
- Trip insurance & visa ($30 for two weeks)
- Airport departure tax for some tickets (~$25 paid in Nepalese rupees)
- Sightseeing tours
- Oxygen cylinders for emergency use
- Airport transfer
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (twin/double rooms)
- Accommodation in lodges/ tea houses (twin rooms with beds/mattresses)
- Three meals/day during the trek, and hot drinks (e.g. tea/coffees/juices)
- Bus / Jeep ride
- Tibetan guides (speak English, first aid training) & porters (each carrying max.15kgs)
- Tibet group visa and travel/trekking permits
- Kathmandu – China Border – Kathmandu by private coach
- Tibet group Visa Fee
- Tibet Visit
- Transportation in Tibet by Coach/Jeep
- Supporting truck to carry equipment
- Yak transportation during Kailash round (cora)
- All necessary travel & trekking permit as per our Itinerary
- Supporting crew members (Cooks, Helpers & Sherpas)
- Medical kit bag
- All applicable taxes & service charges.